- Standardized test prep
- Executive function coaching
- Study skills coaching
- Application essay help
- School essay help
- Writing instruction
- Reading instruction
Why Work With Me
I have 16 years of experience privately tutoring thousands of students on standardized tests, executive functions, study skills, ELA writing and reading assignments, and application essays.
I have taught in both private and public schools, and so I know the systems and the gaps in them.
Additionally, I teach students of all abilities effective study techniques; in other words, I teach strategies and methods for how to learn new material quickly and successfully.
Who I Work With
I work with students of all ages and levels, and I teach each student according to his or her particular needs. As a former high school special education teacher with a Master’s Degree in Special Education, I am qualified to work with a variety of learning styles, learning disabilities, and exceptionalities.
I work effectively with neurodiverse students, those with ADHD, and those on individualized education plans (IEPs).
I also coach working professionals who want to advance their competitive edge and decrease their overwhelm with productivity strategies and better work systems. See Executive Function Coaching.
I know the SAT and ACT front and back, inside and out.
Whether you are new to testing or just need a review, I’ll teach you key content and test strategies to increase your scores and your confidence.
I offer private, one-on-one test preparation for the VERBAL / ESSAY portions of the following standardized tests:
- SAT II (Literature)
- ACT (verbal, essay, science)
- GRE (Verbal Reasoning + Analytical Writing)
- SSAT / ISEE / HSPT
Are you in high school? Not sure which test – the ACT or the SAT – is for you? Ask me! I can help match you to the right test.
Executive Function Coaching
I offer one-on-one coaching in the key areas of executive functioning, including organization, time-management, homework tracking, project management, study skills and more. As a former special education teacher with a Master’s Degree in Special Education, I specialize in various learning disabilities including ADD/ADHD. Executive functioning skills are paramount to academic and personal achievement: let me help.
I also coach working professionals looking to advance their careers with:
- increased productivity
- better task management systems
- better project management systems
- practical organizational strategies
- simple time-management systems
- email management
- decreased stress
I teach students how to learn. This includes note-taking, organization, study techniques based on content and learning profile, memorization strategies, testing strategies, and productivity / focus tips.
Schedule a basic study skills session to learn good study techniques and habits, or book a session before a big test: I’ll study with you and make sure you’re really prepared.
I have helped hundreds of students craft their personal narratives. For more details about my application essay services, see my Application Essays page.
- Sessions are 60 minutes.
- All sessions are $145 each.
- Forms of payment: PayPal, Venmo, cash, check and credit card.
- Local sessions are in-person at the SchoolHabits Office in Topsfield, MA.
- Zoom sessions are available for non-local coaching sessions.
- For SAT and ACT test prep sessions, I provide all the materials.
- For other test preparation sessions, students supply their own test book. I supply supplementary learning materials.
- No regular commitment necessary. I simply request a 24-hour cancellation notice.
- Please contact me for more details and to schedule a session. 978-233-8875.
- college applications
- executive function
- goal setting
- good habits
- learning styles
- mental health
- reading comprehension
- SAT / ACT
- self advocacy
- study skills
- study tips
- test anxiety
- test taking
- time management
- tips for parents
- writing tips